Back to Designer Page
Crimson Fire Heart Band
Compliments of Thea Dueck
Victoria Sampler in Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
© Copyright 1998 The Victoria Sampler. All rights reserved
This Hardanger pattern is derived from the Hardanger Hearts Band in the NEW Crimson Fire Sampler. Insert it into a Valentine card for a stitching friend or a loved one! Or just stitch one heart and finish it as an ornament! You may even wish to use the two hearts design to replace the top Hardanger Band in the sampler, thus changing the Fire sampler into a beautiful VALENTINE Sampler!! Enjoy!!
DMC #12 Perle Cotton - white
DMC #8 Perle Cotton - white
Caron Watercolours "Flame"
Kreinik #8 Braid 002HL - gold
30h x 45w
28ct White Quaker Cloth: 2.25" high x 3.25" wide. (Cut 5" X 6")
1. With DMC White Perle Cotton #8, work all but the top stairstep row of modified kloster blocks..Check the colour photograph of the card on my website or the main diagram above. Diagram A.
2. First stitch the Algerian Eyes with 1 strand of Kreinik #8 Braid 002HL gold.
3. Then work the top satin stitch Kloster blocks using 1 strand of Watercolours "Flame". Use one ply of this three ply cotton fiber.
4. Cut fabric and complete weaving and filling all sections, using DMC #12 White Perle Cotton for all weaving. There are 3 Dove's Eyes in the upper sections of each heart shape.
5. Finally, backstitch the lettering in one strand of DMC #816 floss..according.
DIAGRAM A HARDANGER HEART
Hardanger, pulled and drawn thread work are all enjoying a revival. There are many different books in your needlework store to guide you through the basic steps. Janice Love's "Hardanger, Basics and Beyond" will give you full instructions for the Hardanger in this pattern.
This free pattern may be reproduced, exactly as is, by anyone, but may not be kitted or sold. (Guilds, shops, newsletter editors: enjoy publishing this pattern in its entirety for your stitchers!)
Have you seen our Online Needlework Cyberclasses!? Click here to check it out.
Designed by Thea Dueck for The Victoria Sampler
8700 Aldous Terrace, Sidney B.C. V8L 1L2 Canada
(250) 656-3566 FAX: (250) 656-0447